Sponge allows you to download files from Usenet Newsgroups.
An account with a Usenet News Server is required to use
- Supports yEnc, uuEncode and Mime formats and decodes
them while the download is in progress so there is no
wait time for decoding after the articles have been
- Advanced multi server support. (This allows you to
download from a free server supplied by your ISP and use
a pay server to fill in whatever is missing).
- Search Usenet without downloading headers using
online search engines or use the ability to offload
article search to your news server.
- Multi threaded server downloading.
- Find and filter articles based on keywords.
- View tag clouds from subscribed servers.
- Pause function to free bandwidth.
- Full support for NZB and NBI files allowing you to
share settings and download files.
- If your news server supports it, all information
passed between your computer and the news server is
encrypted using SSL.
- Ability to view thumbnails of downloaded files.
- Ability to organize downloaded audio files in album
- Automatic repair and extraction of downloaded
- Virtual groups allowing you to view only specific
types of articles contained in multiple groups.
- Ability to post articles.