Baku allows you to search for system registry errors and
unneeded files that can be safelly removed.
- Locate duplicate files on your system (while ignoring
- Deletes empty folders, 'History' folder contents,
'Recent documents' folder contents, 'Temp' folder
contents, temporary internet files, cookies.
- Searches Windows log files, shortcuts to missing
files and folders and user specified file types.
- Registry scan removes unused and obsolete keys,
including ActiveX/COM, Application Paths, Fonts, Help
files, Icon files, Sound files, Uninstall Programs and
- The registry is automatically backed up before any
changes are made.
- Implements the standard DOD 5220.22-M, to give
you confidence that once deleted, your file data is gone
forever (if Eraser is installed it will be used
- Clears MRU lists from many applications including
Media Player, eMule, Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer,
Microsoft Office, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce,
- Compacts the registry hives to the minimum size
- Heuristic based scanning of applications MRU
- Ability to backup and restore the entire system
- Backup and restore system device drivers.
Why should I clean my registry?
Over time, the
Windows Registry can begin to contain information that's no
longer valid. Any application that does not uninstall
properly, or does not have an uninstaller, can leave
entries in the registry.
In some cases this leads to performance or even stability
problems. Eventually this orphaned or misplaced information
accumulates and begins to clog your registry, potentially
slowing down your PC and causing error messages and system
crashes. You might also notice that your PC's startup
process is slower than it used to be. Cleaning your
registry is the easiest way to help avoid these common
Compacting the Registry
The registry files in
Windows can become fragmented over time, occupying more
space on your hard disk than necessary and decreasing
The program works by recreating each registry hive "from
scratch", thus removing any slack space that may be left
from previously modified or deleted keys. Note that this
function does NOT change the contents of the registry in
any way, nor does it physically defrag the registry files
on the drive. The optimization done is simply compacting
the registry hives to the minimum size possible.